Friday 22 May 2015

Isla Verde - Home and Away (by Tatay Ross)

So there I was, at Isla Verde and fresh off the boat from Batangas, following my friend along a concrete path by the shore.
It wasn't long before the pathway took us a short distance away from the beach and we began walking past the homes of some residents.  There were nods and greetings and smiles.  Something I didn't take much notice of at the time, although I began to realise it more later on, was that some of these houses had lovely gardens.
After a short distance we were walking through farmland and then very soon the block of land which would soon become the Isla Verde Tropical Friendly Resort came into view.  It didn't look much like a resort on that first day.  it was simply an overgrown piece of land with a concrete house on it.
But it would be home for my stay on the island and although the accommodation was very basic, the welcome was warm and friendly.

It was here I got my first look at a kubo.  It had been damaged in a storm and had become neglected, but I was interested in the simple economical style and architecture of the thing.  Basic and functional  Being a sailor and used to living aboard a small yacht, I like basic and functional.

What I really admired was the sleeping accommodation for my first night at Isla Verde.  Yes, that really is a bed made from bamboo slats under a mango tree for a roof.  Again, simple and functional, a concept I was to notice over and over in the Philippines.  And our first and most popular accommodation at the resort seems to be kubos.  And they also have the slatted bamboo beds.  However the resort beds have mattresses!


Don't forget to visit the Isla Verde Tropical Friendly Resort Blog and the Website for more information about this beautiful Philippines holiday spot.

The resort also has its own FaceBook  Page so you can  Like us on FaceBook

All The Best - (Tatay Ross) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to visit the IslaVerde Tropical Friendly Resort Blog
http://Islaverderesort.blogspot.com
And the website
http://islaverderesort.com